tattoos

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Just yesterday, I received word that my dad would be bringing home his boss’s brand new Cadillac CTS-V Coupe. Overjoyed at the news I went upstairs anxiously awaiting its arrival. Not twenty minutes later I heard its 556hp V-8 screaming its way up the street. It was just begging for attention. It wasn’t just the noise that demanded attention either. When I came downstairs I peered out the window shocked by what I saw. I’d already seen the CTS-V Sedan which wasn’t exactly a subtle car, but seeing the coupe was something else. The best word to describe its’ angular body is “striking.” And that isn’t meant in a bad sense. It’s just so exotic compared to what the Germans are designing these days. There’s no doubt that the Audi RS5 is a beautiful car, but it just isn’t as dramatic as the muscular Caddy. Seeing its’ angry looking front end facing up at us from the dark garage gave my little sister a scare.

Striking is also the word I would use to describe the interior. This time however, I mean that in the negative sense. The design was fine, but the color was just… uh, not. Cadillac the ambassador for American luxury should be told to stay away from mustard yellow seat inserts. What’s wrong with grey? That’s what I’d order. No question.

However, if you overlook the seat color, it’s clear that Cadillac worked hard to create a performance oriented interior (you get a nice beefy steering wheel and Recaro bucket seats) without compromising on the luxuries we’ve come to expect from Cadillac. There's still enough leather for any Mercedes fan, don’t worry.

After seeing all of the great things about this car I could hardly wait to drive it. All day long I thought of little else, but sinking my butt into those bucket seats and driving around in GM’s best looking and best performing coupe ever.

My dad just called though, and his boss needs his car back. Oh Crap.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger